Feel safe knowing your information is secure
We understand that by choosing to upload your medical images onto MyMedPix247, you are entrusting us with very personal information. We value that trust and we want to provide you with as much information as possible about the security of our system so that you can rest easy.
At MyMedPix247 we take security extremely seriously. All images on MyMedPix247 are provided the utmost confidentiality and security available on the web today. We house your studies on the servers of Rackspace.com, a recognized industry leader in secure web hosting headquartered in San Antonio, Texas. We encourage you to visit their site in order to view the many awards they have been given for high quality, highly secure server hosting services.
The following are some of the security features of Rackspace.com
Overall site security:
- We deploy a multi-layered physical security approach consistent with the highest requirements defined within industry standards. Physical access to our server facilities is restricted by use of fingerprint scanner biometric devices, surveillance CCTV/DVR monitoring, proximity access cards, photo badges for employees and system-wide alarms.
- Our Corporate Risk Management team perform monthly audits of our security system
- Guard Force is present 365 days a year, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day and is provided by AlliedOur Corporate Risk Management team perform monthly audits of our
- Guard Force is present 365 days a year, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
and is provided by Allied Barton, a leading name in guard services.onditioned power provides all servers with UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply). Backup generators are equipped with enough fuel for 4-5 days. Generators kick in approximately 1.5 minutes after power failure. UPS manages the lag time between power outage and the generators kicking in and the generators are redundant.
- The roof and exterior walls of our facilities are heavy-duty rated at 130 mph. There is also a heavy-duty lightning grid on the roofs. All electrical and mechanical equipment is on 3 inch raised concrete pads. Backup generators are equipped with enough fuel for 4-5 days.
- Lenel Security Management System is deployed at all sites with central monitoring capabilities at Rackspace HQ located in San Antonio, Texas. Alarms are directly connected to the local Fire and Police Departments.
- Rackspace provides a Managed Anti-Virus Solution powered by Sophos for our Managed Segment and Symantec for our Intensive Segment. Updates are as frequent as every 5 minutes, daily or weekly.
Servers are backed up to our centralized Managed Backup Storage System. The default configuration is to perform Weekly Full and Daily Differential with retention rates of two or four weeks. Incremental backups are available upon request.
- Managed Backup utilizes an independent private network for all backups running on an all Cisco equipment switched network. This was done to minimize Network Security concerns with the following results
- Each server is in a port level VLAN.
- Each customer’s server can only see the backup servers and no other servers on the network, including their own.
- No one customer can see any other cManaged Backup utilizes an independent private network for all
backups running on an all Cisco equipment switched network. This was done to
minimize Network Security concerns with the following results.
- Each server is in a port level VLAN.bsp;
- All communications with our servers are encrypted. Moreover, you cannot access your account without first acknowledging that you are on our servers. This is done by showing you an image and phrase that you chose when you registered your account. As with other secure sites such as online banking, should you not recognize the phrase or the image then you do not enter your password and should contact us immediately.
- No one at MyMedPix247 will EVER ask you for your password. That is yours alone to keep secure, and you should never share it with anyone (including us!).
- On MyMedPix247 you are able to securely share your studies with other MyMedPix247 users or with new users. Depending on what type of sharing you do, you can specify for how long you want to share the studies and whether you want to allow the user you are sharing the study with to share it with others. You can also cancel a ‘share’ whenever you want to. If you are the one who has uploaded your study you will have access to the history of your study as seen by other users. You will be able to tell which users accessed your study and at what time. If you are not the one to have uploaded the study and the study was shared with you then you may ask the person/entity who has shared the study with you to check the history if need be.
- The most important security feature of this site, and any other site for that matter, is YOU. You should know who you are sharing studies with. No matter how secure the site is, screen capture software allows anybody to copy screen shots and save them. So do NOT share your studies with any user you do not fully trust. Always logoff after finishing using MyMedPix247.